I know we’ve been pretty quiet since we brought home our kids from Ethiopia. That is mainly because there is no time to be on the computer! I know we need to write about our time in Ethiopia, but I wanted to quickly give a little update because I know many are wondering how we are doing. Thanks for being patient with us and praying for us in the meantime!
Some things we have been doing:
- teaching all three kids to ride bikes (everyone pitched in to help 🙂 )
- many, many doctor appts
- training to eat new food
- playing games, throwing footballs, etc.
- teaching Saturday (and every day) chores
- going to the movies
- Friday night pizza and movie night at home
- little bit of ESL tutoring
- Facetime with Ethiopian friends now in America
- Erin’s daily band camp and some babysitting
- Girl time: Caitlin Tigist, Erin, and mom clothes shopping in Spfd
- registering for schools (will be spread across 4 schools this year!)
- van shopping (that’s a fun family outing, right??)
- Kieran got braces
- fun with friends
One of our favorite friend gatherings was a bonfire at the Belley’s home along with the Mott family. The Belleys just came home with their new Ethiopian son a week and a half ago, and the Motts are working really hard to bring the older brother of their two Ethiopian daughters home as well–hoping to do so before the end of the year. Our Lincoln-Ethiopian community is growing into a beautifully woven tapestry!
Fun planned for next week before school starts for Erin & Kieran:
- one new kid birthday party
- family trip to zoo
- Big Daddy Weave concert for the bigs
- more doctor appts!
- Maura to church camp
Many of you have also asked what you can do to help us. So here are some ideas:
- PRAY! I know that is a given, but we need prayer warriors! Satan hates adoption and family and would love to disfigure a picture of God’s redemption. So please pray for peace and unity in our family, and for wisdom for us as parents.
- Supplies–when you are at the store, grab an extra item below. These are the things we go through like crazy!
- 2% milk
- bananas another other fruit
- baby carrots
- toilet paper
- dishwasher detergent
- Funding–We still have some adoption bills to pay, and we need to buy a 15-passenger van (driving two vehicles everywhere is not going to work for long!). Lifesong for Orphans has agreed to keep our donation account open until the end of September, so if you are still wishing to help us out, you can find details on how to do that at our fundraising tab.
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement! You truly are a blessing to us!